10.14.2009

Buried Deep


On a non-design related note, aren't memories funny? It's amazing how hearing a certain song can trigger a domino effect of perfectly preserved golden memories, each one like a bug caught in amber. Just hearing that one song immediately conjures up the way Eden looks in the fall. The taste of Bailey's in coffee. The feel of a warm drink after a cold walk.

Hearing that one song makes me remember the way I felt when I first saw him. The way he smelled of pomade and Newports. How we would skip class to do homework together and end up watching movies instead. It reminds me of when we went to get tattoos but there was too long a wait, so we ended up at the hookah place. It makes me remember how badly I wanted to kiss him when he was in the hospital....

I'm SO happy and in love with someone else now...but the heart does not quickly forget. Hearing that song makes me nostalgic and I sometimes wish that I didn't remember all those things. But no matter how hard I try to forget, I just can't.

No comments: